by Russell D. Longcore
Secession is the new paradigm for personal liberty and property rights on the North American continent.
In order for secession to be successful, it will require that each of us think on an entirely new level than we have ever thought before. Why? Because living in a 50-state nation is very different from living in a single nation with counties.
Albert Einstein is quoted thus: “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines “paradigm” (pronounced “pair-a-dime”) as: “a philosophical and theoretical framework of a scientific school or discipline within which theories, laws, and generalizations and the experiments performed in support of them are formulated.”
Secession is a paradigm, a framework within which a group of individuals may band together to work from theory to action to solve the problem of the loss of individual liberty and property rights by “throw(ing) off such government and to provide new Guards for their future security.” (hat tip to Mr. Jefferson)
The very act of secession demands that we stop thinking like Americans and begin thinking like free men and women who will no longer accept a life under tyranny and slavery. Most people either cannot or refuse to embrace the weight and responsibility that accompanies living free. Many have gotten so used to tyranny that all they can comprehend is everyone suffering equally…instead of the equality of liberty.
Folks are going to have to be sick and tired of being sick and tired before they will commit to secession as a solution to their problems. And nothing will be as effective in winning hearts and minds for secession as the collapse of the American economy. Secession will require allegiance to our state, soon to become our new nation. And that commitment will first be exhibited in a commitment to each other as individuals who yearn to be free to govern ourselves as we see fit.
Governing after secession is also a paradigmatic and drastic change from conventional thinking and understanding about governance.
Let’s start thinking together right here…right now…in new ways about self-governance.
1. Personal liberty is greatest where there is the least amount of government. So documents like the Articles of Confederation and the US Constitution are anachronistic and irrelevant for a new nation. Now…happily…excitedly… perhaps we can stop believing that the constitutional republic is the greatest form of human governance. An unrestrained republic is what got America into the shape it’s in right now. Please don’t misunderstand. I’m not suggesting that we have more regulations. Quite the contrary. I am saying that we need LESS GOVERNMENT.
In an article I wrote in 2009, I offer an entirely new form of governance,
The New Corporate Model Of Governance. Take a look at that article. This form of governance makes sure that every citizen signs a contract with his government instead of having a 230-year-old document that no one alive has ever agreed to.
2. There is no more important issue for a new nation that its money. If a new nation gets the monetary system wrong, the wheels of the nation will fall off eventually. The big money interests and banksters will fight hard to continue the present system of Fractional Reserve Banking (FRB) and fiat money. But that should be enough to prove to you that they are all criminals and counterfeiters. FRB and fiat money must be outlawed from day one in the new nation, and the penalty for FNB or counterfeiting should be death. The new national Constitution must authorize only gold and silver as money, but must stop short of setting its value. The law should authorize the private minting of gold and silver coins for use as money, but that is as far as the law needs to go. Never should the new government have the authority to set the value of money, for the free market will do that very well.
3. Taxation. I propose that the nation have only one source of revenue, and that is the national sales tax. No property taxes, no Value Added Taxes, no tariffs, no ad valorem taxes, no use fees, no income tax, no estate tax, no excise taxes…NO OTHER SOURCE. PERIOD. The government will be very limited in its scope of duties, so I propose that the initial tax national sales tax rate be set at 10%. Remember, under a Corporate Model of Governance, every citizen could vote on every issue, and that would naturally include any tax rate increase or addition of the scope of governance. That also means that the only tax that cities and counties could assess would be a sales tax. The national Constitution should set the maximum rate for city/county sales tax. Then all the various municipalities must live within their means without borrowing. And if the state or other governmental bodies run a surplus in a given year, they issue dividend checks to the citizens.
4. National legislature: Use Texas as a model. The Texas Legislature meets in assembly EVERY OTHER YEAR for about three months. A properly organized new national government won’t have all that much to do. Let the new constitution set the parameters for the schedule of the Legislature. The mere existence of a set number of days in assembly gathered will drastically restrict the mischief they can set in motion.
5. National security: Every able-bodied person between age 18 and 50 will be a militia member. That old US Constitution actually got this right in the Second Amendment. The security of a free state makes it necessary to have a militia, and the militia is not a standing army. It is comprised of free citizens trained and ready to defend their nation. DEFEND…not invade another country.
Think about a nation with no inflation, no out-of control Congressional spending, no fiat money, no army, no Social Security and Medicare, no income tax, no three-letter Federal agencies like EPA, DEA, CIA, HHS, etc., no banksters. Imagine how free that nation would be. Imagine how the wealth of the world would pour into a country with no inflation. Dream of full employment, high wages, high productivity, fierce competition and a high standard of living. All these attributes can exist in a state that secedes from the United States and then forms their new government with individual liberty and property rights as its only reason for existence.
Finally, try to wrap your mind around the truth that when your state secedes, it removes every taxpayer in the seceding state from any and all responsibility for repayment of the US national debt. For Christ’s sake, do you need any more reason to become a secessionist?
Secession is the only hope for humanity. Who will be first?
DumpDC. Six Letters That Can Change History.
© Copyright 2012 Russell D. Longcore. All rights reserved. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit is given.